I'm not always very good at sleeping.
I woke up wayyyyy to early for no reason today. Like, 3:45AM early. Most normal people would be able to get up, go to the bathroom, and then GO BACK TO SLEEP CAUSE IT'S 3:45 IN THE FREAKING MORNING. Sigh. No, not me. Sometimes my body just likes to be like Hey! Hah! No more sleep for you!
Alas. I hung around in bed for awhile...scrolled instagram....checked facebook...and then by 4:30AM I figured it was an acceptable time to get up (barely). I hit up Wawa for a big ole cuppa coffee then came back home to eat breakfast. 'Cause if your up and rolling by 5AM, you might as well make use of your time, right???
Well, today's breakfast was pretty delicious. Mayyyybe even worth waking up at 5am ON PURPOSE to make, like that's how good it was. Well, if you are a morning person at least. I'm sure that for some even the temptation of a healthy waffle stacked with creamy strawberry cheesecake yogurt and drizzled with syrup and a white chocolate crunch topping is STILL not worth waking up that early to make...but lucky for you this waffle is super fast and easy to make so even if you can't get up early to make it you can still whip it together in a jiffy to enjoy!
Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Waffles
- 30 Grams PEScience Snickerdoodle Protein Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Light and Fit Strawberry Cheesecake Greek Yogurt Crunch
- Fresh Strawberries
- Sugar Free Syrup
- Fat Free Reddi Whip
- Mix protein powder and baking powder together
- Beat in one egg
- Add enough water to consistency, around 1/4 cup
- Cook waffle in waffle maker (I use an oster brand)
- Cut cooked waffle into 4 servings and stack layering with greek yogurt and top with sugar free syrup, fresh cut strawberries, the crunch topping from the greek yogurt, and fat free reddi whip!
My waffle came out to 350 calories, 28 grams carbs, 9 grams fat, and 40 grams of protein. A perfect way to start your day with tons of protein while filling you up and leaving your strawberry cheesecake-loving tastes buds super satisfied.
PS: One of the benefits of waking up at 3:45? It's now only 6:30AM and I've eaten breakfast, cleaned the whole kitchen, AND blogged. Guess it's time to go get my run done!