So, I'm gonna start a new thing.
I'm going to tell you how I feel about things. I don't know if anyone will care, but I figured I'd share. AND you should be super cool and share back with me how you feel about anything in my link up below!!
So today I'm going to tell you how I feel about....
I've got to confess.
I'm afraid of them.
I feel like this is taboo for the crafty/deal seeking/bloggy world. BUT I AM!!! Everyone always blogs about all their great thrifty finds and I'm so jealous. I don't have thrift skills. I have anti-skills. When I walk into a thrift store I feel a little vomit creep up in the back of my throat, that's how much anti-skill I have (ok maybe that only happened once...or twice...) Why am I so anti-thrift?? Here's why.
1. Thrift stores stink. You can't deny it. It always smells like moth balls/grandmother/BO/all rolled into one. It hits me right as I enter the door and I cannot get passed the scent.
2. They are overwhelming. They are filled of rows and rows of used clothes and there may be some hidden gems in there, but there is so much searching through overalls, 80s garb and used underwear (seriously, WHO does that???) required to find them!
3. Thrift stores are always so messy. I don't like digging through things.
4. Whenever I'm in there, there is always someone who is like 500 pounds or has no teeth or is wearing something really funky and it makes me feel awkward...
Something similar to these goodies found on www.peopleofwalmart.com - hysterical website by the way
And yes, that is a thong hanging out in the picture to the right. Yikes.
5. I worry that the clothes I'm buying used to belong to a person similar to above, and that thought alone makes the vomit creep up the back of my throat a little faster...
So in general, I just can't deal. I know it's super cheap and great but I just don't think I'm cut out for it. But, you have all inspired me. I have actually recently asked boyfriend if he wanted to go thrifting with me. (Moral support/vomit control). We'll see how it goes...
So what about you? Have anything you'd like to share your feelings on? It doesn't have to be thrift stores (but it could :) ) Be cool and link up and I'll share some highlights from the post next Monday when I do another post. If you throw in my blog button in your post, I'd love you forever. But if not, I'll still love you for half of forever for just linking up. And that's not half bad if you ask me.